Easy Vegan MSG Free Teriyaki Stir-Fry
I love Chinese food but lots can be laced with the known carcinogen, endocrine disrupter and killer of brain cells, MSG (monosodium glutamate). I started making my own easy stir-fry when I ate meat and easily adapted it into a vegan version.
• 1/4 C MSG and gluten-free soy sauce. I use Tamari brand
• 1 C water
• 1/2 tspn ground ginger (can be omitted)
• 1/4 tspn garlic powder
• 5 tbspn packed brown sugar
• 1-2 tbspn honey
• 2 tbspn of cornstarch (substitute flour)
• 1/4 C cold water
1️⃣ Mix all ingredients except cornstarch and cold water in a sauce pan and begin heating
2️⃣ Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce pan.
3️⃣ Continue to heat until sauce thickens. Add water if it gets too thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
• your favorite veggies chopped thinly (I used broccoli, carrots, shiitake and baby bella Mushrooms)
• 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
• 1/2 container of @traderjoes organic sprouted tofu (optional)
1️⃣ Heat large pan or wok with cooking oil
2️⃣ Add your garlic and chopped veggies
3️⃣ Cook down until tender
4️⃣ Add your Teriyaki sauce to the pan
5️⃣ Add your tofu and stir
6️⃣ Remove from heat and serve over jasmine rice or noddles