Jackfruit Stew over Wild Rice! I thought it was really good but like most stews it was even better the second day. Jury’s still out for the hubs and eldest daughter but my normally picky baby girl, devoured it. 💚…
– Canned Jackfruit in Brine or Water
– 7-8 Portobello Mushrooms chopped
– Medium Yellow Onion chopped
– 3 Garlic Cloves minced
– 2 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped
– 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
– 2 Cups of Tomato Sauce
– 1 Carton of Vegetable Stock or Broth
– 1 Cup of Red Wine
– Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
– Olive Oil
– All-spice, smoked paprika, 1 bay leaf, twigs of fresh thyme, 1 star anis
– Sauté mushrooms in olive oil until cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
– Add olive oil to hot pan and add your onion, carrots and celery and cook down, about five minutes and remove from pan and set aside.
– Reheat pan, add olive oil and garlic and jackfruit, cook for about 5-8 minutes. Then season with all spice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
– Sprinkle all-purpose flour, stir and cook for a few minutes.
– Add onion, carrots and celery to the pan
– Add red wine and cook down until it’s completely evaporated.
– Add tomato sauce and stock and bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat, add your bay leaf, fresh thyme and star anis.
– Cover and cook on simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
– Return mushrooms to pan.
– Serve over rice and with a side of your favorite vegetable.